Lower costs with UnitedHealthcare
With health care costs continuing to outpace virtually every sector of the economy, you and your clients are looking for new ways to respond. UnitedHealthcare is in your corner.
A full menu of cost management solutions
We use unique provider relationships, one of the nation’s largest data and analytics platforms, and the full strength and scope of our enterprise to develop proven solutions to help manage costs — all built on our commitment to delivering best-in-class solutions designed for more value.
Save with network and plan designs featuring new provider collaborations, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and more traditional managed and narrow networks.
Up to 5% estimated savings
with narrow network plans featuring high-performing providers.1
Up to 15% estimated savings
with NexusACO products using Tier 1 health care providers.2
Help improve health care quality and deliver per member per month (PMPM) savings with our clinical and pharmacy management programs.
Up to $10 PMPM savings
for employees participating in Personal Health Solutions.3
Nearly $32 PMPM savings
from the application of advanced payment integrity systems.4
Help build a healthier workforce and realize savings using our Start Healthier wellness platform or custom engagement strategies built to meet the specific health improvement needs of employees.
10% lower costs with primary care
for patients who regularly engaged with a primary care provider.5
$2,650 average employer savings
on an annual basis for each employee who participated in Real Appeal.6
- Plan designs that provide incentives or reduced deductibles/cost sharing for seeking care from identified health and service providers are referred to as High Value Networks. Customer level potential savings of High Value Networks will be a function of plan design, geographic mix, service mix, the proportion of total spend currently associated with non-Tier 1 providers, and the extent to which that current spend is redirected to Tier 1 providers. Savings estimates relate to UnitedHealthcare’s book-of-business results. All figures and estimated savings represent historical performance and are not a guarantee of future savings. Meaningful benefit design differentials needed to achieve the upper bound of savings. Quality and cost-efficiency based on national standards and local benchmarks.
- Savings estimates relate to UnitedHealthcare’s book-of business results and the client’s specific plan design and market distribution of membership. All savings estimates represent historical performance and are not a guarantee of future savings.
- Optum provider analysis; Source: C. Mao, July 24, 2018.
- Savings are based on 2018 UnitedHealthcare ASO data analysis.
- 2018 UnitedHealthcare internal analysis of program participants.
- UnitedHealthcare BoB, 2018 results through December 2018: Cohort represents participants at risk, in program 26+ weeks, attending 9+ ILIs (N >50,000).
Savings and health outcomes not guaranteed.