Medical Insurance for Your Business
Plan and Network Design Benefit Solutions
Be confident that you have the right solution benefits for your organization with UnitedHealthcare’s proven benefits strategy.
UnitedHealthcare combines tailored networks with innovative plan designs to meet your employees’ needs and your cost objectives.
At the heart of UnitedHealthcare’s benefit strategies are innovative network capabilities and plan designs that can be combined and configured to meet your population needs and cost considerations.
- Broad National Network Largest single health plan network with completive discounts
- Narrow Network Defined high-value, narrow networks driven by local market
- Tiered Benefit Plans Members save money and get quality care by seeing Tier 1 providers that have met quality and/or cost-efficiency criteria
- Primary Care-Centered Benefit Plans Primary care physician manages a member’s overall health and coordinates care and referrals
- Accountable Care Organizations Clinically integrated, high-value accountable care organizations
- Centers of Excellence Clinically superior, cost-effective health care centers for complex medical conditions, as well as more common conditions such as joint replacements and cardiac procedures
- Alternative Virtual visits, convenience care clinics and other sources of lower-cost, quality care
Increasing employee health and engagement
Your employees are on a journey to better health. We help them become more aware of cost and quality differences and help them take ownership of their health choices and outcomes.
By combining a network of high-value providers with benefit plan designs such as tiering and cost sharing that encourage your employees to get care from those providers, we drive even higher quality and higher cost savings for you and your employees.
Creating a better experience
We listen to your goals and then take action to create a benefit strategy that helps your employees make better decisions and achieve better health while reducing costs and increasing productivity. With UnitedHealthcare, you get a customized, multi-year benefit strategy that meets your specific needs based on your:
Plan and network design in action
Joe has chronic hip pain and has seen a physical therapist for years with no improvement. Joe goes to his in-network primary care physician (PCP) for a consultation. His physician refers him to a Tier 1 orthopedist, who recommends a CAT scan.
Joe learns he needs a hip replacement and looks for a hospital and services that are in network. He is able to get the treatment he needs to become active again — and save costs by choosing providers and services within his benefits plan.
Reasons to Believe
What could you save with our plan and network design strategies?1
1 to 6%
with UnitedHealth Premium care physicians
Designated physicians who have met quality and cost-efficiency criteria
1 to 2%
based on place of service
Lower-cost, freestanding facilities for certain services
22 to 40%
through Centers of Excellence
High-performing facilities and surgeons
2 to 3%
via primary care navigation
PCP to navigate referrals and care needs<
1 Customer-level potential savings will be a function of plan design, geographic mix, service mix, the proportion of total spend currently associated with non-Tier 1 providers and the extent to which that current spend is redirected to Tier 1 providers. Savings estimates relate to UnitedHealthcare’s book-of-business results. All figures and estimated savings represent historical performance and are not a guarantee of future savings. Meaningful benefit design differentials needed to achieve the upper bound of savings. Quality and cost efficiency based on national standards and local benchmarks.